Project Manager for the research programme CDRterra (m/f/x)
- Institution: Faculty of Geosciences – Physical Geography and Land Use Systems, Ludwigs-Maximilians University of Munich (Germany)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Application deadline: 11 Jun 2022
- Renumeration group: TV-L up to E14
- Contract duration: initially offered until October 2024
We are looking for a manager for an interdisciplinary research programme in the field of climate protection. The manager coordinates all internal and external concerns of the program and thus contributes substantially to creating the science basis for political decision-making in research- and climate-policy in Germany and world-wide. The research programme investigates measures to remove CO2 from the atmosphere, such as afforestation or technological solutions. Such measures intend to support the goal to reach greenhouse gas neutrality, which Germany aims at by 2045, but need to be comprehensively assessed concerning potentials, implementability, risks and side-effects. To this end, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) funds the programme CDRterra comprising around 100 researchers. The Department of Geography of the LMU Munich leads the synthesis, transfer and coordination project, CDRSynTra, of this BMBF programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager will become member of a dynamic team at the chair for Physical Geography and Land Use Systems, which leads the BMBF programme with respect to scientific coordination, work with stakeholders from the public, industry, and politics, and public relations. Specific tasks of the Project Manager in this team comprise
- acting as the focal point for all participants of the programme
- maintaining the programme-wide communication platform (confluence)
- co-organize networking and coordination activities (e.g., program-wide workshops)
- ensuring timely compliance with commitments to the funding agency (including monitoring the budget and financial implementation of the project)
- ensuring the scientific progress towards the overall goals of the program.
The Program Manager’s position requires
- a MSc or PhD university degree
- experience in coordinating or implementing research projects
- very good organizational skills
- capability to work independently and in a team
- very good German and English skills in speech and writing.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send an application outlining your fit for the position (including a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, copies of scientific degrees, and the names and contact information of two references) by June 11, 2022, by e-mail (one PDF-attachment with max. 5MB only including all documents) with subject “CDR-PrM-2022”. For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Julia Pongratz.